What is Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB) 2019. Why Citizenship Amendment Bill is Opposed. Important Dates For CAB & Key Points. Read complete information regarding New Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019.
What is Citizenship Act 1955?
- 1 What is Citizenship Act 1955?
- 2 What is Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019
- 3 नागरिकता संशोधन विधेयक अधिनियम 2019
The citizenship Act 1955 was launched by India to give Citizenship. Citizenship act was launched in 1955 this was to give citizenship to the illegal migrants who were settled in India during partition and other causality.
What is Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019
This bill States about the citizenship of the migrant Indians, these were the Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, and Christians who were migrated to India from countries such as Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. These people have no identity such as Aadhar card, voter ID, ration card. In this post, you will come to know about the criteria of citizenship in India and the Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019.
नागरिकता संशोधन विधेयक अधिनियम 2019
सर्वप्रथम यह है 19 जुलाई 2016 को पारित किया गया था फिर ज्वाइंट पार्लियामेंट्री कमिटी द्वारा 12 अगस्त 2016 को फिर से कमेटी बिठाई गई इसके बाद 7 जनवरी 2019 को यह रिपोर्ट कमेटी द्वारा जमा करदी गई. 4 दिसंबर को केंद्रीय कैबिनेट मंत्रालय ने CAB एक्ट 2019 को मंजूरी दी,अनुमति के बाद CAB अधिनियम 2019, 10 दिसंबर को लोकसभा द्वारा पारित किया गया था। लोकसभा में, बिल को 311 मतों का समर्थन प्राप्त हुआ जबकि 80 मतों द्वारा इसे खारिज कर दिया गया।राज्यसभा में 125 मतो से बहुमत मिली जबकि 99 मतो द्वारा खारिज कर दिया गया । बिल अंत में राष्ट्रपति राम नाथ कोविंद द्वारा अनुमोदित किया गया.
Citizenship Amendment Bill Important Dates
Some of the important dates regarding the Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019.
|First, introduce date||19 July 2016|
|Joint Parliamentary committee||12 August 2016|
|Submitting report date by committee||7 January 2019|
|Latest amendment date||4 December 2019|
|Bill Passed in Lok Sabha||10 December 2019|
|Bill Passed in Rajya Sabha||11 December 2019|
|President Approved Bill on||12 December 2019|
How Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019 Passed
On December 4 the Union Cabinet ministry has approved the CAB Act 2019. After that, the CAB 2019 was passed by Lok Sabha on December 10. In Lok Sabha, the bill gets the favor of 311 votes and rejected by 80 votes. And it has also get approval by Rajya sabha by the Majority in favor 125 votes and 99 votes were not in favor of this bill. The bill was lastly approved by President Ram Nath Kovind.
Are You A Indian Citizen – Check Here
Points that defines you as a citizen of India are mainly of five ways.
- Birth of in India
- By descent
- Through registration
- By naturalization ( by extending residency in India)
- By incorporation of the territory into India
Important Points For Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Muslims were excluded from this act. Those Muslims who are the migrants from any of the nearby countries all were excluded under this act. The Hindu, Christian, Jain, Sikh, Buddhist, and Parsi are included under this act.
- According to the act, the amendment will not be applicable to the tribal areas of Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, and Tripura is included in the sixth schedule to the constitution in the area covered under the inner line fortified under the Bengal Eastern foreigner regulation 1873.
- By this act, there is no change in other acts such as Sikkim 371 that has been not amended under this act and like this, not any other act was or section regarding minorities were amended.
Why Citizenship Amendment Bill Opposed
The Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019 is opposed by illegal migrants of tribal areas of Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, and Tripura. As the bill does not provide any benefits to the Muslim community from these 3 countries. And it also violates the provisions of article 14 of the Indian Constitution.
Click Here For More Information Regarding this bill.
Complete Details given here are based on official details. If you get help from this article, share with your friends. You can also comment queries in below comment section. www.jankalyanportal.in
- Top 10 Most Searched ‘What is’ on Google 2019 in India
- Top 10 Google Searches 2019 In India – Overall Google Trends
- [Final List] NRC West Bengal Online Registration [Last Date] – Rules
- Hajj 2020 Online Application Form India – How To Apply For Haj 2020
- www.sebipaclrefund.co.in SEBI PACl Refund Payment Status 2020 – Check Claim Amount